The first plans for restoration were drawn up by C.R.B. King, but he died in
1916, and Fellowes Prynne drew up the final plans to remove side galleries, and
repair floors, external stonework, roofs etc.
ICBS grant awarded for this purpose.
A further grant was sought for the second phase of what was deemed the same
programme of repairs – and was rejected.
This was …the last church with which Mr. Fellowes Prynne had anything to
do. The renovation was undertaken under his direction, and he was present at the
re-opening of the church on April 26th.