An unidentified newspaper or magazine article had this to say:
On Oct. 21st 1896, the church was re-opened. The plans set out by Mr. G.
H. Fellowes Prynne, Architect, have been carried out by the firm of V. Witten of
Holsworthy. The chancel had been tiled and the altar set on the requisite number
of marble steps in the sanctuary. In the nave the pews had been replaced by
chairs, the windows restored: the old west gallery had been removed. A new oak
waggon roof had been constructed by Mr. Northcott of Ashwater, and a carved oak