This memorial takes the form of a wrought iron chancel screen, together with a
memorial tablet. The drawing for the screen was dated July 1919 and for the
tablet July 1920. The faculty petition was presented on 23 September 1920. The
wrought iron screen is placed upon a chancel wall which dates from the work J.
D. Sedding undertook in the chancel; Sedding had originally intended there to be
“an iron rail” upon the chancel wall. Fellowes Prynne’s wrought iron screen is
lower than usual, but it does therefore allow an unimpeded view of the
sanctuary. The gates between the chancel walls were there prior to his
involvement, and he retained them in his design.
The adjacent brass tablet names those who fell in the First World War.