Dart and Francis’ archives give some information on the work to be done.
On 20 July 1921 the following estimate was given:
- Oak riddels with carved cornice and cresting. No.4 angels £130
- Oak altar with Sicilian Marble Mensa £80
- War Memorial Tablet with Sicilian Marble shelf and no.4 corbels, and
inclusive of the crucifix in centre panel and carved raised and gilded letters
for all inscriptions £135
These were in fact reductions on the earlier estimates. The work was
subsequently carried out by the contractors as follows:
- 23 Jun 1922 - Memorial tablet with marble shelf and corbels
- 9 Aug 1922 - …Altar and Memorial Screen, and metal plate to fix in paving.
(not mentioned in revised estimate)
- 21 Aug 1922 - granite steps in chapel fixed. Altar and riddels sent with
memorial tablet. Tablet to be fixed at west end of north wall of chapel
- 1 Nov 1924 - correspondence concerning proposed alteration to chancel